Thursday 2 October 2008

Party upgrade


Been a while. Hard to believe a whole month has gone by. Have played a little. Definitely not going to quit poker now as the prospect of earning money if I improve is a real good incentive to play and its enjoyable to boot.

Received a letter from PartyPoker today urging me to try their new site and offering me money so I figured I'd take a look. Have to say I do like the new layout. I'm up about $18 on the evening because I played 3 $1 tourneys, lost 2 (4th and 7th) and came 3rd in one (= -$1.40) but Party gave me $20, hence I'm up $18.60.

Of course, if my performance stays at -$1.40 per 3 games, I'll have lost all the money they gave me in just over 30 games. I'll do what I can to prevent that from happening!

Oh yeah, and I should mention:
- I played a couple of multi-table tournaments in September on er.. Full Tilt I think? A completely different ball game - very tough and they take AGES. I was surprised just how many people turn up for the $1 MTTs but then with fields of 700+ the prize can get pretty big.

- thought I'd developed a strategy for success in Pacific's 888 express ($.88 + $.08, 40 players) after I got onto the final table twice in a row. However, I was out early in the next two in quick succession. I think my best finish in all of them was 6th anyway.

No comments: