Saturday 4 October 2008

new avatar for poker sites

I had a geeky day today - on top of doing system administration stuff for work I also spent a lot of time on XSI (a 3d software package) and listening to the "modcast" (modo podcast).

The modcast prompted me to sign up to Twitter which got me thinking about what to put in my profile and *that* got me thinking about an avatar that combined 3d with poker.

Well, the avatar I came up with doesn't contain any 3D but it does combine my hobbies in a loose sense.

I've uploaded it to PokerStars (where I will be iDrinkTea forever more - as of today) and to PartyPoker.

Talking of PartyPoker. I played a load of tournaments last night. Tried my hand at multi-tabling - just two tables - but I just wasn't concentrating. Played maybe 4 $1 tourneys (they take $0.20 rake out of $1 - rip off and they don't tell you explicitly) and didn't get into the money once (came 4th a few times).

In the end I decided to try my hand at a $3 tourney and came 2nd. So I pretty much recovered the losses at the other tables - but not quite.

Balance sits at $23.? at the moment.

oh yeah, and Netteller charged me £5 for taking £18 out of the account. Darn it! I won't be using them again :(

No comments: