Sunday 11 January 2009

6-max Micro NL exploration on DevilFish

Have been back at work for a week now. Trying a new regime to allow poker time in the evening. Played poker 3 nights during the week. Spent most of yesterday reading and finally sat down for a session today.

Decided to try my hand at micro NLHE - and picked Devilfish.com (Entraction Network) mainly because
  • it's a network I hadn't tried yet
  • it seems to be growing (slowly)
  • I could sign up for a rakeback account there
  • I had money sitting in MoneyBookers waiting to be used somewhere.
The fact that PokerTracker and HoldemManager don't support the site yet also seemed like a benefit because I could "hide" my losses. However, after playing for an hour or two and just about getting back to even (thanks to some hyperagressive people who decided to throw their money onto our table), I wished I had some stats to help analyze what had gone down.

Shout out to rambo7479 (from Malmo Sweden) : thanks for adding a bit of chat to the session.

Now, why did I even try No Limit Hold'em when I'm not even a break even player at Limit yet? Well, its because there is sooo much more action (i.e. people playing) No Limit cash games. Its very easy to find games so you can play it on any network.

I wasn't going to bother because you have to put a lot of money at risk in each hand but at $0.02/$0.04 its okay (though when you go all in and lose your 80bb stack, it still no fun :P). Over time I'll hopefully build up tolerance to playing at higher stakes (i.e. by saving so much bankroll that $50 (say) is nothing).

I might have a go at FullTilt since the money I have there has been sitting around for a long time. I think min stake there is $0.05/$0.10 though.. or you can play CAPped NL (max commitment in a hand = 30bb). I dunno.

Mustn't let the limit poker drop though, just starting to get somewhere with it I think.

No comments: