Sunday 18 January 2009

Calling with the worst hand

I got pwned today. Very fitting after my last post (anyone can win with good cards). Basically didn't spot a better full house that completed on the river. Went all in and lost my stack :(

I just couldn't make headway on the NL tables . Thankfully I managed to grind most of it back (minus $0.03) playing Limit (mainly $0.25/$0.50). 


All this just to try earning Summit Points because I was offered $50 for 500 summit points this month. At the outset it seemed like a good deal but after a rollercoster session today, I've cleared $1.50's worth of bonus and almost lost $10.00 in the process! What's more, I won't get any of the $50 unless I clear all 500 points.

$0.10 NL at Everest is much tougher than it was at Pacific the other day. Totally different but then the table was very tight, people were much better at bet sizing and I was perhaps gambling a little too much given the tight aggressive nature of the table.

Anyway, I'm a bit dazed and confused now. Losing a whole buyin over a bad call sucks big time.

I wasn't supposed to play today - got work todo. It's perhaps getting addictive? Have to watch out for that.

No comments: