Sunday 26 April 2009

Favourite bad-beat from yesterday

Everest Poker $0.25/$0.50 Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 105458

The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Pre Flop: (1.6 SB) Hero is BB with 99 of spades 66 of spades

2 folds, CO calls, 1 fold, SB calls, Hero checks

Flop: (3 SB) 66 of diamonds 99 of hearts AA of clubs (3 players)

SB checks, Hero bets, CO raises, SB folds, Hero 3-bets, CO caps!, Hero calls

I was actually recoding this session with audio commentary. Just before I 3-bet the flop I asked myself out loud "does this guy have A9?". When he capped, I said "Oh no, now I'm in trouble".


Turn: (5.5 BB) QQ of hearts (2 players)

Hero checks, CO bets, Hero calls

River: (7.5 BB) 99 of clubs (2 players)

Hero bets, CO raises, Hero 3-bets, CO caps!, Hero calls

Here again, I wasn't sure whether to raise or not but erred on the side of aggression...

Final Pot: 15.5 BB

CO shows 99 of diamonds AA of diamonds

CO wins 14.8 BB

(Rake: $0.35)

What a donkey! You have to say that he'd have to be an absolute lunatic to have played that strong with any other hand so I effectively donked 3 or 4BB in that hand. Re-raising the flop might not be so bad (1BB), but betting the river - walking into a raise then re-raising for villian to cap!?!? = 3BB of donkishment.

No comments: