Tuesday 8 July 2008

Copag cards, ceramic chips and Titan poker

Today I received a sample pack of ceramic poker chips plus a few packs of Copag poker cards that had been advertised in InsidePoker magazine (August 2008 issue, page 18 if you must know).

The website was Poker Shop Europe (the American Billiard Company). The service was prompt.

I don't have any friends that play poker so the chances of me hosting a home game are pretty remote but I don't need an excuse to collect things like this. I like the cards and the idea is to use them to practise recognising hands and outs... eventually.

The ceramic chips felt good and they are colourful so I ordered another sample pack for shuffling at work and some $5/$25 dollar chips for the imaginary future home game.

Apart from that, I squeezed in one $.20 tournament at Titan. Shoved AQs when I still had 10 BB hoping only to collect the blinds or meet an idiot. Unfortunately (? maybe using this term only highlights my donkishness) came up against a fellow fish who had JJ and, although I paired my queen on the flop, they made a set on the flop. No doubt shouldn't have gambled my tournament life on that hand.

I watched the rest of the tournament and fired up Sharkscope. It turns out that two of the winning 3 players are consistent winners at this stake - rarely playing above it.

No comments: