Saturday 12 July 2008

Give em credit

Out of another tournament in 6th place out of 9 starters - this time on PokerStars.

First I lost a pile of chips by not crediting someone for a hand when I only had a paired Ace. Later I shoved all in pre-flop perhaps too early. Ad 9s in small blind, no raises before me, I had 13 BB . Only one caller thankfully. They had Kh 4h.

with hindsight, according to PokerAcademy's Showdown calculator I was about 3-2 favourite on the shove. So perhaps the call wasn't so bad. Cards came 5c Jc Jc 3c Kc.

I doubt it's the only leak but not crediting players for hands has to be one of my biggest problems. I'm too cynical.

The blind structure at PokerStars was the slowest I've experienced so far. Levels go up pretty slowly.

I tried using Texas Calculatem to help with the odds calculations but it had real trouble reading the board. Might be because I had the PokerTracker HUD running so I'll give it another shot.

Not sure I like losing all the time. Must make some progress. Have probably lost £5 so far since I played my first Sit And Go back on 8th of June 2008.

Much though I like Poker on TV, I'm going to stop watching so much of it and focus on playing. I think watching pros making sophisticated plays and gamble with each other is not helping me to progress. Very tempted to get back to PokerAcademy and do more practise matches before trying a real money game again.

No comments: