Monday 14 July 2008

Take a seat, I might be here a while


Yesterday it occurred to me to check for mentions of Calculatem on 2+2 and - as well as learning that I should avoid Calculatem - I found out about Tournament Indicator.

Now this is a nice piece of software for tournament play. It shows you the win odds against the pot odds, outs and a few advanced statistics like M zones and the Sklansky card score. I don't know how to use most of this information yet but just the win odds vs pot odds is a real life saver playing online because I'm just too green under the gills to calculate this stuff in the time available for decision making.

I also really like the player analysis based on hands played in the tournament. Gives me a better idea of who is taking risks and who is playing tight.

The easiest way to get the software is to join a poker site. The software is then locked to the chosen site - on the relevant machine - until you've seen the flop in 900 tournament hands. After this you can use the software wherever you like.

No worries I thought. Easy... joined CDPoker (as iDrinkTea), played a tourney last night - tight game 11 hands finished 4th. So tonight I played looser to start with - in an attempt to see more flops - only for my 10-10 to be driven out by 45s (see stats above from Poker Academy showdown calculator) after 5 flopped hands.

So, $1.50 spent so far, 16 hands recorded. The software will cost me $84 at this rate. still, I'd rather get the experience than buy the software outright.

thing is, I've installed the software on my laptop too... that's another 900 flops required!

I'm considering trying a multi-table tournament as that might help increase the hand count but it's probably best to concentrate on trying to win single table sitngos for the time being.

No comments: